Friday, March 27, 2009

September 11, 2008...E-mail to family and friends

Things have been very busy around here making flight arrangement, phone conferencing, Visa applications, and so forth. I will finally be traveling to Russia. I received word on Friday that it is time and finally confirmed my flight arrangements.

My mom will be traveling with me and my son has made the decision not to go at this time. He was very concerned about missing school and football. He struggled with the decision, knowing that the opportunity to travel internationally does not happen often, coupled with the prospect of meeting his potential sister! I left the decision entirely up to him, but do think it is a good choice on his part at this time. Family will be staying with him while I am away.

My mom and I will be departing LAX on the 19th. We will first arrive in Seoul, Korea and then fly over to Vladivostok, Russia. We will arrive in Russia Saturday afternoon. Monday morning I will visit and be interviewed by the Department of Education and Science of Promorsky Krai and visit the orphanage. My first visit to the orphanage will consist of meeting with the doctor or director of the orphanage to discuss medical information and history. I will then finally be able to meet her and interact with her. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday will again be visiting her at the orphanage. If all goes well, on Thursday I will visit a notary office and file a petition to adopt. Friday we will be heading back to the USA. We first stop in China, then Korea, and finally LA. We will be home Friday late afternoon, as Russia is a day ahead of us.

I am excited, happy, nervous, anxious......really just tons of emotions that change from minute to minute, so it seems!!!! I look forward to sharing my trip and pictures with you all when I return! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.....
Love to you all....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment....