Friday, March 27, 2009

Holidays 2008...E-mail to friends

Well here it is, the almost late Christmas greeting!

OK, I cheated sending via e-mail....

I want to wish everyone a very happy holiday season and a happy New Year! As you can see from the pictures, Dylan is no longer a little boy, but a very handsome young man! He continues to be very involved in sports at the high school. It seems like he ended his football season on a Saturday and the very next Monday wrestling began! Wrestling is 5 nights a week, not including any matches or tournaments that get added into the mix. His first tournament was very new and exciting, as I did not know much about the sport. I am learning. He came off the mat from his second match with blood running off his face. That was my first real experience with wrestling as a parent! I am getting used to it, as I am sure there will be many more bloody noses to come. Today, with his team, they feed 500 families in need in a hanger at the local airport, a very good experience for him. I am so proud of the wonderful young man he is becoming!

The adoption process continues to progress at a fairly steady rate. I just recently sent 35 or so documents to Russia, with about 10 more to go. These documents are in final preparation for court. I hope to be traveling again in February, fingers crossed here. Of course, when I get definite news I will let you all know.

On a recent document that I submitted, I had to identify what her legal name will be. I identified her name as Victoria Irina Rae Elbe. Victoria is my mom's name and my great-grandmother's. Irina is her Russian name. Rae is my grandmother's middle name.

We gathered as a family tonight at Dad and Jan's. I was touched that Victoria was remembered by Jan in our Christmas Eve prayer. It was very touching and yes, brought tears to my eyes as well as other family members. I am blessed to have the family that I have, they have shown me so much support and concern. Our hearts broke for her, as we wished she could be here with us, and prayed for her well being. I reminded the family not to be sad, at this point she does not know family and celebration like we do. She is safe and cared for, I feel confident in that. I also know that her spirit is strong and happy, considering what she has been through thus far in her life.
I suppose besides reminding my family of this, I was reminding myself as well. I have been moving through the past few weeks without trying to focus much on the holidays and her not being present. I did not fully realize that until tonight. Soon, she will be with us soon...

Thank you all for being a part of my life!

Venite Adoremus.....O' Come Let Us Adore Him!

Love to you all, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment....