Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Heading Home!!

I am very much ready to go home, that is for sure! On this trip to Russia my life has changed forever! I now am not only the proud mother of a wonderful son, but equally a proud mother of a beautiful daughter. It has been a long road to finally get here to this point of bringing my daughter home with me. I have truly been blessed! I am excited to get home and for Tori to meet her brother and her pets! I am happy for her to become part of my family and enjoy all of our traditions and celebrations as a family. I pray that I am a wonderful mother to Tori and God gives me wisdom and guidance in raising her and meeting her needs.

Tomorrow we leave Vladivostok at 5:30. We have a 2 and a half hour flight to Souel, Korea. A two hour lay-over there and finally an 11 hour flight to LA. By our clocks here, we will be flying at night. On the longer flight hopefully Victoria will think it is bedtime and sleep for the duration. That will be good for her, as it is a long time for a little person to sit and ride. It sure would be a lot easier if I could just wiggle my nose or click my heels together three time and we are home!

When I return, I will not post every day. I will post updates though! Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, e-mails, comments and support. That has meant so much to me! I truly appreciate my family, I have an amazing family that Tori will now be a part of. She has been blessed. Families that are in the process, no matter what stage, don’t give up, keep moving forward, stay motivated, and stay positive. There is a child that needs you! Remember your sacrifices of moving through the process are minor, truly minor, in comparison to the life of a child.

Paka (bye) for now!

Just going to post a few pictures that I took today, our last day here….WOOOHOOO!

We have been trying to befriend this dog since we have been here. We even brought it food one day. Finally on the last day here, it decided to come over to us. Tori was fine at first, but then was a little overwhelmed, unsure, and wanted me to carry her.


Of course after we became friends, we had some trouble getting it to go on it's way!


Big oyster! She threw it back in the water. There was still something in it, not sure if throwing back in helps....


Head first, on stomach, down the slide!


Not a small slide either...little daredevil!

3 comments:

  1. We've really enjoyed following your journey! Blessings as you finally head home with your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have safe travels home! It has been so much fun following your blog through this trip. I look forward to reading your updates - whenever you have time to post them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaay!!!!
    Have a great trip home. Tori has changed in only a week -wow. She looks great!
    Love ya and prayin' for ya,
    Trues
    PS I know that dog!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment....