Monday, May 4, 2009

Almost Time.....







Tomorrow will be our last full day in Vladivostok. I am looking forward to getting home. Today we walked, of course, to the beach and store twice. The weather was nice again, in the low 70’s. It is amazing how much the tree growth has changed just since we have been here. When we first arrived everything was just brown and dead, also some sporadic ice patches around. Now, the trees are budding and blooming and we are beginning to see lots of green. There was more thunder and lightning tonight and it rained for about 10 minutes.

Today we met another couple here from Long Beach. They were able to bring their son back to the hotel this afternoon. He was not able to be with them for the 10 day wait. Also, Heather and Fred (from Canada) were finally able to get their daughter from the orphanage. They came by and visited our suite tonight. Nadya is 14 months old (I think) and a very happy little girl. She will be meeting her 6 year old brother when she finally arrives home. Tomorrow Ken and Gloria will be arriving. I have not met them yet, but they got in touch with me through this blog.

As you can see, my list of blogs I am following has expanded. When I left home, I had one family on the list that I met on my first trip. Now I have added a few more to my list, just from meeting people here or from people getting in touch with me because they have either already been through this process or are currently going through it. It really is pretty amazing to learn about other peoples experiences, journeys and to see how their children are developing and progressing after they arrive home. I welcome the friendships.

I may have shown Tori a YouTube clip of “Five Little Monkeys” today and yesterday one too many times! She is now jumpin’, jumpin’ jumpin’ all the time! Also, after reading the Overstreet blog and learning that Blake had an ice cream, I thought I might dare give Tori ice-cream today…

OK, so here is the deal…..my child (as with everyone else's) came with instructions when she was handed over into my care. Part of these instructions included that children must not have anything cold. “Cold is just bad for their glands!” Seriously, milk is served at room temperature, no ice, no cold water, no cold food (ice-cream) and so forth…strange, I know. In the room we have been giving her cold stuff. In public, the Russians don’t have a problem with letting you know what they might think you should and should not do with your child so, I have been following “the rules” while in public. Not today though. We walked to the store and ate an ice cream on the way home. =)

Jumpin' jumpin' jumpin'......Ok I will even admit it...yes, she has also been jumpin' on the bed! =)





4 comments:

  1. You are sooo brave. Ice cream will get you in big trouble in Vlad! And no more monkeys jumping on the bed! Geese our kids are going to be so spoiled by the time they hit U.S. soil. Isn't it great!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tori's spirit. I can't help but laugh and laugh at her jumping pictures. What a wonderful addition she will be to our family. We are anxious for you to come home too - will miss the morning blogs (I'ts the first thing I do each morning.) XXOO Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave T some ice cream in the Vlad hotel -- and no one yelled!! Weird - I didn't get the cold talk at Vlad. T didn't like cold things at first -- and I knew they didn't get things out of room temp. She also is really sensitive to hot things too -- and I always have to tell her "it's not hot"...

    Enjoy your trip home! Fly safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK...it' your last day & I finally see how to post comments. I have been enjoying following your blog daily. Tori is precious and looks so happy & lovable. I want to eat her up!!! I am so eager for you to get home. I love Tori's smile and energy. What a true blessing.
    xoxoxo
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Please comment....